Back to all topics

F & C 2008
May 14, 2015

F & C 2008

May 14, 2015

I agree totally Gaz, and so would the vast majority of both Regiments, past and present. However, the powers that be seem to have asked in part for "more" obits on one hand from any member, then critisized members on the other with not following the "correct" method of reporting. Therefore, looking back over this issue on here, they say that Branch Secretaries are the official reporters to HHQ on these reports, and should always be used, then elsewhere in this same report they say that they WANT members to report directly to them with obituaries. And nobody can say that I am wrong, they only have to read the actual words written  by officials on this section to see I am right. They can put this to bed easily by saying they welcome ALL such communications from members, although space may preclude displaying all of them. AMEN.

May 23, 2015

F & C 2008

May 23, 2015

I don't even know if my father was mentioned in a Regimental Obituary, but i do know i was greatly impressed by the turnout from the Branch, lining the path going into the chapel looking dead smart and the Pipe Major leading the hearse off, so as far as i was concerned, 'The Regiment' ( that counted) did him proud, and again would like to say thank you.

May 23, 2015

F & C 2008

May 23, 2015

Gaz, I will no doubt be accused of all sorts now, but I agree entirely with all you say. HHQ can not say they are not getting many obits from members, then say that they can not handle many, because of space, so the contradiction there is obvious... but according to some none too clever people, WE are wrong.¬† As for mis spellings, that is tantamount to a crime, his name is in the Regimental records. and in the magazines. C'est la vie, my friend... TC  

1 2

Total members: 261
Total posts: 4155